Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The primary objective for this role is to generate and manage sales of natural gas and electricity to small business customers through external partner teams. Working with minimal supervision, the Telesales Manger is responsible for the achievement of energy sales targets, including identifying and exploiting commercial opportunities and overcoming issues of any nature that impede progress toward the sales goal. This individual is responsible for developing and maintaining strong business relationships at the manager level with third party vendors, as well as leading their external sales teams in each designated sales territory, managing these relationships, identifying and promoting strategies to capture new customers. The Telesales Manger should work to ensure the prompt and orderly processing of sales and adhering to compliance regarding DE processes and market rules. The role is also responsible for working with these vendors to effectively recruit and train new talent as well as developing / implementing compensation strategies to attract top talent.
The Manager of Telesales is to lead these activities in furtherance of DE’s strategic objective of profitable growth through these channels. Special attention must be made to the quality of the experience of customers and prospective customers and to strict compliance to high standards of ethics, in line with the Direct Energy vision and values.
This role can be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Houston, TX.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience managing Sales, with demonstrated track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets via telesales channels
- At least 3 year’s experience in the energy industry
- Excellent Sales and negotiation skills
- Good business sense
- Focused, bottom-line and performance driven personality
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a high-performance team
- Excellent communication and ‘people’ skills, good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fit with Direct Energy vision & values
- Developing strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets.
- Delivering sales by developing relationships with third party partnerships.
- Implementing effective recruiting and compensation strategies to attract and retain top sales talent
- Designing and managing sales training strategies to maximize sales effectiveness
- Developing and enforcing appropriate agreements between sales partners and DEB
- Developing and enforcing appropriate Quality and Compliance processes
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
- Acting as an ambassador and role model for the business
- Taking responsibility for profit and loss
- Working with the Small Business pricing team to increase market share in existing markets and maximize new business development opportunities through positive customer experience.
- Contribute to sales approach and plan strategies to attract new customers
- Work with Marketing to strategically target small business customer segments to maximize brand recognition and drive sales
- Developing and executing on Customer retention programs/offers
- Meet or exceed annual sales target of $9m (annualized gross margin)
- Provide direction to the Small Business team and DEB teams.
- Contribute to the professional and personal development of team members
- Demonstrate Leadership to ensure high engagement and motivation of Small Business team
- Contribute to the success of Centrica through cross-BU collaboration
- Role model Centrica business principles and Direct Energy vision and values
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text