DE1709 Data Scientist Program Lead
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
This role can be based in Pittsburgh, Iselin or Houston.
The Data Scientist Program Lead will be responsible for managing analytical projects with Direct Energy’s partners and internal teams within the Direct Energy Business unit. She/he will be responsible for changing business processes within the unit to take advantage of newly produced analytical tools. She/he will also provide input for the development of said tools. Specifically, the Data Scientist Program Lead will have a detailed understanding of how the retail energy market works, and be able to use the systems and data strategically to deliver business value – supporting and enabling new, renewal and cross-sell activities. She/he will be expected to have an excellent knowledge of statistics and their application.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 to 6 years of similar experience managing people and/or projects
- Maintain deep expertise of the retail energy market
- Strong knowledge of data management best practices
- Exposure to Big Data environments such as Hadoop and the opportunities afforded by large datasets
- Keen project management skills with an ability to interact with and motivate others to succeed on several fronts simultaneously
- Effective verbal and written communication on all levels and both internally and externally
- Strong analytical, technical, and statistical abilities
- Sophisticated knowledge and experience in the retail energy market
- Self-motivated, analytical, quick learner, organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker
- Prioritizes workload and meets deadlines for a variety of marketing "deliverables"
- Demonstrates initiative with a results orientation, while exhibiting strong drive and leadership skills
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text