DE1708 Senior Data Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
This role can be based in Pittsburgh, Iselin or Houston.
The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for developing, extracting, and maintaining logical and physical data models for data analytics within Direct Energy. She/he will also develop IT requirements and guide projects to make data available for analytics efforts. She/he may also work to develop statistical models for prediction, classification, or clustering. She/he will also assist the overall governance of the platform – including data integrity, access and roadmap. Specifically, a Senior Data Analyst will have a detailed understanding of how data warehouse systems work, and be able to use the systems and data strategically to deliver business value – supporting and enabling B2B marketing efforts.
- University Degree in Mathematics, IT, Engineering, Business, or Science
- 2+ years of experience preparing reports and analytics for different areas including Sales, marketing, Operations and Finance
- Excellent knowledge of T-SQL, Excel and Visual Basic
- Excellent knowledge of data models and management of data
- Experience in Business Analytics, statistical and quantitative analysis, predictive modeling
- Desired knowledge of Big Data data extraction tools such as HiveQL, MapReduce, TEZ, and Spark
- Desired knowledge of statistical modeling in R
- Desired knowledge of machine learning algorithms
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to communicate and establish good relations with multi-disciplinary teams
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Customer focus and results oriented, meeting deadlines
- Develop, extract and maintain logical and physical data models for data analytics within Direct Energy
- Check and maintain data quality / hygiene of the across different systems
- Translate complex business issues into achievable analytical learning objectives and actionable analytic projects
- Streamline and optimize current reporting processes, improving data transparency
- Analyze big data to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and drive actionable insights
- Design customer-focused data and analytics processes and solutions for business customers
- In close liaison with Business Analyst, IS developers, and Information Technology team, research and define the sources to pull data and design front end solutions.
- Provide maintenance to existing solutions, including modifications and bug fixing activities.
- Respond to continuous changes in the organization to keep accurate and on-time information always available to end users.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text