DE1727 Manager Branded Customer Experience
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
This role can be based in our Pittsburgh, Metropark or Houston office.
The Branded Customer Experience team creates a customer-focused ecosystem that aims to design and deliver on a customer experience vision anchored in a brand promise through a combined top-down and bottom-up approach. This multi-faceted approach begins with setting the strategy through the use of a full suite of customer experience tools and insights, directly engaging with business-originated priorities and saturating the organization with customer experience awareness.
The Branded Customer Experience Manager will drive this vision forward by leading and managing a wide-reaching business program that includes collaboration amongst key business stakeholders across the organization to define and execute a strategic plan for establishing a customer experience capability that drives superior customer loyalty. The business program will establish brand effectiveness throughout the customer lifecycle; including: Shop, Join, Use, Help, Change, and Leave. The Branded Customer Experience Manager will deliver on superior customer loyalty and satisfaction by ensuring that the Direct Energy Business brand promise is clear, relatable, accurately represented, and fully experienced at all stages.
The Branded Customer Experience Manager will mobilize and coordinate business resources, communicate progress towards objectives, monitor progress, and validate outcomes: • He/she will leverage customer feedback and a Voice of the Customer program to inform customer experience solutions, establish efficient alignment of resources and ensure effectiveness of the business program efforts.
- He/she will lead complex cross-functional key business initiatives in achieving the customer experience business program objectives.
- He/she will implement comprehensive customer experience business program metrics and regularly communicate these metrics to appropriate stakeholders and senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably with a marketing, problem solving, or business focus
- Three or more years’ experience in marketing preferred
- Two or more years’ experience in retail power and gas industry preferred
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively across functional areas to achieve business goals
- Ability to communicate, both verbal and written, with a wide variety of audiences both internal and external to the company
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, organizational, and project management skills
- MS Office skills including Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong internal and external customer focus • Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Good interpersonal skills, including establishing rapport with stakeholders through regular contact by phone and in-person
- Strong desire to succeed
- Responsible for the Direct Energy Business brand and the translation of that brand into an impactful customer experience that drives loyalty for primary customer segments.
- Champions brand and customer experience strategies and initiatives.
- Responsible for achieving the Customer Experience Business Program objectives.
- Develops, manages, consults with, and influences internal stakeholders at all levels across the organization, creating value and buy-in for the Direct Energy Business brand and the customer experiences that we deliver to support that brand.
- Challenges the status quo and creates strong, unique brand positioning and supporting customer experience solutions.
- Leads all brand definition, positioning and strategic planning initiatives.
- Develops customer experience initiatives to drive customer loyalty.
- Measures brand effectiveness and customer satisfaction through the use of metrics, analysis and discussion of lessons learned to develop alternative strategies and tactics to achieve brand loyalty best practices.
- Generates roadmaps, schedules, funding and resource needs to implement customer experience business program initiatives.
- Ensures that investments and initiatives in customer experience are aligned with business strategy and priorities.
- Develops and presents the Direct Energy Business Customer Experience business program strategy and roadmap. Provides periodic updates to internal and external senior level stakeholders to monitor the achievement and effectiveness of the business program.
- Tracks, evaluates and reports on deliverable status from multiple sources and initiatives in a cross-functional team environment.
- Responsible for the Direct Energy Business brand and all brand transitions resulting from mergers, acquisitions, or corporate re-branding initiatives.
- Defines, implements, tracks, and communicates all brand management and customer experience metrics.
- Periodically audits brand integrity through quarterly reviews of customer-facing communications and promotes corrective efforts as necessary
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text