Field Buyer – Overview
The Field Buyer is accountable for the efficient execution of the Purchase to Pay process, including sourcing, administration of contracts, issuance of Purchase Orders and rectifying issues related to the process. Reporting to the VP of Procurement, you will provide advice and counsel to the operations and areas which it supports. You will be responsible for ensuring that the controls and governance framework are adhered to while still providing the necessary service levels to support efficient operations for Centrica Energy Canada (CEC).
This position is located near Edson, AB.
Field Buyer –The Role
- Act as the subject matter expert for the purchase to pay (P2P) process by providing end users and areas with the guidance necessary to effectively utilize the process as well as ensuring governance within the process
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure contracts and Purchase Orders are put in place for the acquisition of goods and services
- Lead sourcing events, ensuring that the appropriate stakeholders are consulted and included throughout the process
- In conjunction with the corporate procurement team, develop strategies to consolidate spend across vendors with a goal of reducing cost and the vendor base while enhancing the value derived for Centrica
- Work with the Vendor community to ensure that key vendors are actively managed, including the development of key vendor metrics
- Ensure that contracts under administration are managed through the full contract lifecycle, with appropriate contract close out at the end of the cycle
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify requirement so that goods and services can be procured pro-actively
- Clearly articulate how the process works and the associated benefits to a user group that may not have been exposed to Purchasing
- Work with internal stakeholders and the vendor community to identify new sources of supply
Field Buyer –The Person
- Intermediate buying experience preferred
- Knowledge of competitive bidding law and the overall purchase to pay process
- A firm understanding of control environments within the Purchase to Pay process
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
Field Buyer – The Company
Centrica Energy is an international business operating in the UK, Netherlands, Norway, Canada and Trinidad and Tobago, delivering a balanced mix of gas and oil production, power generation and energy trading. Centrica Energy (Canada) is a top ten gas weighted producer in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin with 6760 operating wells and over 600 people across our Western Canada operations.
We operate our businesses reliably and efficiently and by strategically developing energy resources to meet growing consumer demands. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance, pioneering and safety focused culture where the achievements of our people really matter and make a difference.
Please visit our careers page at www.centricaenergy.com/canada to apply online.