Risk Reporting Manager
- Daily P&L, position and risk reporting on an accurate, timely and meaningful basis for trading books
- Producing daily P&L explanation to verify and signoff the reported P&L and liaison with traders to reconcile any differences
- Provision of clear and concise commentary to explain daily P&L movements
- Gain an in-depth understanding of trading strategies run by the desks
- Review new trades, understand the structure, associated risks and the P&L generated on them
- Monthly reconciliations with Finance to ensure accuracy of numbers reported and to identify and resolve any differences to the GL and be able to fully substantiate reconciling items.
- Weekly and monthly reporting into the Consolidation team, including commentary on P&L and position movements
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis for Product Control and other departments, in particular Risk and Finance
Product Control Projects
- Assist in the strategic build out of new P&L reporting and P&L explanation by helping to review current state and sources of data/calculations in order to successfully identify the gaps that exist in reaching the target state
- Review and documentation of complex trades and structured deals
- Understanding and documentation of FX reporting rules applied in P&L production so assessment can be made of changes required
- Development and documentation of systems knowledge, in particular trade life cycles across the various P&L valuation and reporting systems
- Working on ad hoc projects
- Preparatory work for new business (NBAP) assessments
- Share knowledge (both existing and newly gained from above projects) and help train other members of the wider Product Control team
- Numerate based degree preferable
- Qualified accountant with a strong working knowledge of a trading businesses balance sheet.
- Product Control experience with a strong background in the trading business and experience with commodities products (Swing Contracts, Options, Futures etc.).
- A strong understanding of trade Valuations & Risk factors (Delta, Vega, Gamma etc.).
- Proficiency in MS Excel with strong macro (VBA) knowledge
- Strong Communicator & sense of accountability and ownership of deliverables.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet reporting deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Working on own initiative
- Problem solving
- Strong analytical skills
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Matthew.Sutton1@centrica.com typing Risk Reporting Manager R9906648 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.