BMS Mobile Controls Engineer, London
British Gas acquired BMSI, a leading player in the BMS sector, in May 2011; we now have an exciting opportunity for Mobile Controls Engineers to join us to service and maintain BMS and Controls field equipment and associated Building Automation Control Systems. Maximising system performance and reliability, reducing BMS related plant and system failures, maximising the up time of business critical operations.
- Location: London
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits
What will you be doing?
You will service and maintain BMS and Controls field equipment and associated Building Automation Control Systems. Maximising system performance and reliability, reducing BMS related plant and system failures, maximising the up time of business critical operations. Key Accountabilities also include:
- Reduction of system alarms, lockouts, overrides, disables, off-lines etc by accurate calibration and adjustment of field sensors, switches etc - Improved system performance / development
- Timely completion of PPM service visits - Timely investigation, diagnosis and resolution of reactive faults
- Provision of energy saving initiatives by addition or modification of Control Systems
- Prepare detailed reports/technical communications on work carried out and submit to Contract Manager or client
- Participate in the required overtime/out of hours working for the site
To be brilliant in this role you will:
You will have good customer facing and service delivery skills and be a team player. Computer literacy and an understanding of basic software associated with BMS controls is essential. The ideal candidates will also have:
- A good working knowledge of conventional, electronic, Direct Digital Control (DDC) and Building Management Systems (BeMS), including Trend, Satchwell, TAC, and Cylon
- Must have a good understanding of Digital/Analogue controllers using Binary input/output channels with PID modules
- A full understanding of HVAC control theory and a proven capability in fault finding on HVAC control systems - Sound electrical knowledge and capable of fault finding motor control panel BMS circuits; Must be capable of reading electrical control drawings
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document. Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Antonia.Fella@centrica.com typing 'Update Required:BMS Principle Engineer (CEN30137)' in the subject title.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies