Trading Support Analyst
To support the front office trading team through providing system and commodity market expertise to support growth and change activity (business and IS). The Trading Support Analyst will be a primary first point of contact for the desk heads, IS and Origination (via the NBAP process) in understanding how complex products are or should be booked in the relevant systems and also for assessing and managing the impact of system or market change.
The Trading Support Analyst will have considerable expertise that could be called on from across the EM&T business to provide input and shaping to change initiatives.
In addition, the Trading Support Analyst will be capable of and expected to assist where necessary with BAU activity within both the Standard and Structured teams as well as utilise knowledge and expertise during the end to end delivery of internal Roles and Responsibility project.
- Act as subject matter expert for commodity markets and trading systems for EM&T business. Partner expertise with independent Product Control team to ensure accurate deal capture and reporting
- Develop, assess and evaluate possible system and process solutions in conjunction with IS using in-depth system and trading expertise
- Take ownership of the listed enhancements and responsibility for the prioritisation of change ensuring all aspects of delivery are covered during the process
- Ensure front office system change activity and testing is planned and delivered safely
- Act as primary point of contact for trading desks and Origination to direct growth and new trading operational queries. Support team in also providing this service
- Manage information requests and required issue resolution from internal & external stakeholders (e.g. Compliance, counterparties, Back Office, regulators etc.)
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve robust processes and tools appropriate for a small team requiring in-depth knowledge and bespoke processing. Establish and operate best practice principles in conjunction with the standard and structured trading support team
- Proactively manage key stakeholders to ensure expectations are understood and are being met
- Work with team to share and build knowledge and skill to ensure full coverage across all commodities and contracts, with no single points of failure
- Ensure all team processes are accurately and meaningfully captured and updated in the BMS and in supporting documents
Key Success Factors:
- Minimised process events and breaches. Team identifying and preventing process failures from occurring. Controls documented and objectives understood
- Delivery of growth agenda with all new business captured safely and appropriately (in line with NBAP if completed)
- Excellent service provided to key stakeholders in terms of pace and quality of change delivery
- All system change proactively managed, with testing co-ordinated and completed accurately and timely
- BMS processes complete, up to date and in use
- No single points of failure – building a sustainable knowledge base through cross training and rotation
- Knowledge of the UK and European commodity markets and trading mechanics (e.g. exchange, Trayport etc.)
- Proven ability to operate and improve processes and controls
- Ability to manage and proactively respond to stakeholder needs
- Knowledge and experience of working with Endur (Openlink)
- Ability to understand, advise on and manage operational impact of new business
- Experience in trading system design and change projects
- Experience in an operational role within a trading organisation
- Knowledge of the key regulatory and compliance environment within commodity trading & energy supply
- Proven record of delivery in a high paced, high performing environment
- Head of desks and desk traders
- Trading Support and Operations
- Ops & Logistics
- IS teams including BM Systems, project teams, Avenade, Apps Maintenance
- Back Office
- Product Control
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email careers:centrica.com typing 'Update required: Trading Support Analyst R9906806 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com