Head of Commercial
Head of Commercial – Centrica Connected Homes (BGCH)
Hi, we're Connected Homes, the team responsible for Hive and more.
Set up by British Gas in 2012, our mission is to use technology to revolutionise the way we control our homes. We have developed a range of innovative, simple to use products and services that help you sync your home with your life.
At Hive we arecommitted to bringing new innovative products and services to market helping make homes smarter and putting customers in control. We’re already the #1 smart thermostat provider and we’ve now launched a range of new Hive products that give customers greater control and connectivity in their home. Come and visit us at www.hivehome.com
In a nutshell
As Head of Commercial, you are responsible for both the creation and execution of the commercial strategy, and the ongoing P+L performance within Hive. This involves managing all pricing and propositions, sales channels, and sales and margin targets/budgets. Essentially you need to create a go to market strategy for the launch of all Hive Active products and then implement the agreed business plan. We’re looking for someone who has the entrepreneurial flair and technology product background to develop new opportunities and relationships to take hive even further.
So what are you accountable for?
As a senior member of the leadership team, you’re accountable for the following:
- Define the commercial model for sales and profit growth within Connected Homes
- Define the commercial strategy for new features and products to create additional ongoing revenue streams for Hive.
- Define the pricing and propositions, as well go to market strategy for the Hive new product pipeline to optimise profitability and growth.
- Manage the performance of all products across all Hive sales channels. This includes strategy planning, agreeing channel business plans, and full P+L management.
- Retail relationships
- British Gas channels
- Seek new channels and negotiate new contracts for Hive, owning the relationship from the initial pitch to channel activation.
- P/L reviews
- Working as part of the broader Connected Homes team and activities as required
- B2C and B2BC relationships
- Inputting to the product roadmap
To be brilliant in this role you’re someone who:
- Is currently operating within a senior Commercial or Business Development role.
- Has significant experience of Retail, either from a retailer or from a manufacturer/distributor that involves managing retailers.
- Operates at a strategic level but can also execute. This role is about the creating of the vision as well as the implementation of it
- Is proactive in seeking new commercial opportunities, and has extensive negotiating experience of large revenue deals and contracts
- Has developed successful propositions leveraging electronics/digital products
- Is highly commercially astute and able to use data, insight and judgement to support effective decision making
- Has a visible passion for Connected Homes technology and growing the product category
- Can manage multiple stakeholders and influence a successful outcome. This role will touch many stakeholders with different priorities in BG, Connected Homes and Retail channels
- Not only adaptable, but embrace change. This is a new product category that will constantly evolve
- Would have worked in a start-up and a larger company
- Would’ve been responsible for an amazing set of propostions in the market
The small print:
- Reporting to the Connected Homes Director, Centrica Connected Homes
- Based in the London office with travel across the UK and Staines to British Gas Head Office
I’m Carla (firstname.lastname@example.org) the Resourcing Partner for Connected home. I’m excited to learn about your background and how you can become part of our market leading team in Connected home.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an innovative business that is leading the connected home market. Hive is a British Gas innovation that creates connected products designed to give people the control they want for their homes remotely. The first product Hive Active Heating launched in 2013 enabling people to control their heating and hot water from their mobile, tablet and laptop, followed by the next generation Hive thermostat in 2015.
This year Hive has launched a family of complementary connected home products including SmartPlugs, sensors and soon to be released lights
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies