BG31852 Commercial Analyst
An excellent opportunity has become available within the commercial function of UK business for the role of Commercial Analyst. This role has been created to provide in-depth understanding of how our current portfolio of customers sits across our product range and channels, as well as to provide detailed forecasts on how this may change in future years based on tactical initatives and strategic goals.
The Commercial Analyst will be responsible for understanding and analysing the portfolio of customers within UK Business and forecasting future performance based on historic analysis of customers as well as tactical objectives and strategic goals. In order to do this the Commercial Analyst will be required to understand the products suite within the portfolio and a customers journey throughtout their lifetime with British Gas.
Key to this role will also be having a thorough understanding of drivers of value and sales performance and the ability of the business to influence them. This role will provide commercial business cases for future ideas and will look to drive a deep understanding of life time value and propensity analysis in all commercial decision making.
To be successful a candidate will be required to have strong analytical skills alongside a deep understanding of data and the ability to understand complex relationships across a variety of data sources. The successful candidate will also have strong stakeholder communication skills in order to convey complex ideas across a wide variety of stakeholders and the ability to drive commercial thinking forward.
- Degree level qualification in a numerical course
- Proven track record in a similar commercial analytical role
- Strong technical capability with SQL
- Advanced Excel user with knowledge of VBA
- Passionate about using customer insight to identify commercial opportunities
- Proven ability to engage and influence a wide range of commercial stakeholders
- Commercial acumen with an understanding of the links between portfolio modelling and the drivers of financial performance
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships across a number of different functional areas
- Good communication skills with an ability to explain complex data and concepts to stakeholders
- Challenges, supports and inspires others to think creatively, question the status quo and deliver innovative solutions
- Ability to work at pace and handle multiple projects in parallel
- Experience of data manipulation within a SAP data framework
- Understanding of SAP solutions for the customer journey
- Experience in using SAS or R software packages
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. British Gas operates a preferred supplier list and when required will source candidates through these agencies.
Location - Leicester LE19 1SZ with travel to other British Gas offices Base
Salary c.£32,000 plus excellent benefits. Total Package c.£38,000