Generation Manager - Barry & Roosecote
- To manage and deliver the safe, efficient operation and maintenance of Barry Power Station in order to secure long term profitability and integrity.
- Act as the local leader for all Centrica employees based at Barry, inspiring the team and acting as the key point of contact with the wider business.
- Oversee safety and security of the Roosecote site
- Manage day-to-day operation of the site with regard to HSE performance (including process safety), production performance, asset security, Operations and Maintenance activities in order to deliver agreed power generation production plans in line with customer requirements.
- Develop the HSE management systems, practices and culture that deliver acceptable levels of performance and ensure the safety and well-being of all staff employees, contractors, agency staff, visitors and members of public.
- Oversee operations of the Asset (including managing first and second line maintenance activities and unplanned outages) in order to meet production plans, whilst complying with statutory, regulatory and Company policies, guidelines and standards and industry best practice.
- Deliver major overhauls and plant modifications supported by the Engineering Manager Peaking Plant
- Work with Head of Peaking Plant and Head of Engineering to develop asset and business plans.
- Manage the utilization of resources (e.g. internal and external personnel) and the procurement of materials and services required for effective operations and maintenance.
- Encourage the implementation of value adding initiatives and sharing of best practice across the asset portfolio.
- Support the Head of Engineering in determining long-term asset health and the implementation of common standards and practices.
- Accountable for safety and security of the Roosecote site and act as the point of enquiry for operational matters
- In-depth knowledge of CCGT operations and maintenance
- Proven track record in HSE management and improvement
- In-depth knowledge of appropriate industry policies, procedures, and standards, with the ability to apply these to gain competitive advantage.
- Possession of a strong technical background, combined with significant managerial experience in a production environment,
- A proven track record in the management of personnel with demonstrable experience of positively influencing staff to deliver business objectives.
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with both internal and external personnel (Government Agencies, external organisations, and the public) to ensure that all business objectives are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Honours Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent perferred
- Significant experience within the power generation, or similar industry, preferably gained in roles at various levels.
- Experience in managing engineering and maintenance teams
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Generation Manager - Barry & Roosecote R9906438 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.