Credit Risk Analyst
The Credit Risk Analyst, as part of a team of 5 analysts and managers, is tasked with understanding transactions combined with comprehensive counterparty credit worthiness analysis and ratings, awareness of corporate risk appetite, credit risk exposure measurement and monitoring, risk mitigation (parental guarantees, letters of credit), supporting contractual negotiations and credit pricing calculations.
- This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract
1. Credit risk is involved in the majority of all energy transactions undertaken by EM&T. This can range from agreeing bilateral trading terms for a gas, electricity, LNG, carbon or other trading relationship, or calculating the financial risk of a transaction or portfolio, to structuring the credit support for a long term power offtake agreement or supporting the construction a power station, wind farm or exploration for oil and gas.
2. Your role is to deliver key daily credit risk tasks and projects
- Understanding and reporting the credit exposures
- Learning and provide input on recommendations on how to manage the exposures and counterparties in relation to Mark-to-Market, Settlement and Potential Future Exposure risk.
- Analyse and understand the individual counterparties and make rating and limit recommendations in line with the Credit Risk Policy
- Monitor and manage credit support such as guarantees and letters of credit
- Be an active part of credit risk discussions within the team
- Build relationships within the EM&T business in keeping with the visible and pro-active nature of the Credit Risk Team.
- Work as part of a team
3. You need to be inquisitive, a problem solver and a team player. Strong IT skills (particularly excel) are a must as increased analytical capability is a key priority for the team.
Credit analysis skills in energy trading whilst desirable are not a pre-requisite for this role as long as you are willing to learn. You will be working in a team that has significant experience of credit risk and energy trading in general. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and improve. "
- Educated to a University degree level.
- Ambitious, results driven high performer
- Strong analytical ability, numbers oriented.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel required,model development skills desirable
- Team player who can provide analyst cover within the credit team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with stakeholders in a variety of teams
- Desire to learn and develop."
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Careers@centrica.com typing 'Update required: Credit Risk Analyst R9906644 ' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com