Rotating Plant Engineer
The Rotating Plant Engineer will be the site technical authority on the Gas Turbines, Steam Turbine, and other large rotating plant at Langage Power Station and ensure a long term asset management strategy is in place that ensures the integrity of the plant assets.Reporting to the Engineering Manager they will contribute to the planning and execution of scheduled overhauls and inspections and develop a deep level of technical understanding independent of the OEM. Working alongside the site mechanical engineer they will also take responsibilty for compliance against engineering technical procedures and policies, delivery of engineering projects, and management of contracts.
- Familiarisation with plant
- Build on existing technical experience and develop inhouse site specific technical knowledge and understanding, independent of the OEM.
- Identify and manage the risk profile across rotating plant
- Root cause analysis of trips and failures and prevention of future occurances.
- Contribute to the effective delivery of the current LTSA contract including scheduled inspection planning and delivery
- Contribute to long term asset strategy across rotating plant
- Monitor and advise on developments in the industry such as service providers, 3rd party market, OEM upgrades
- Contract management of a selection of site mechanical contracts
- Ensure technical compliance against engineering legislation, policies and procedures
- Engineering project delivery
- Identify, budget,plan and execute mechanical engineering projects.
- Detailed knowledge of power generation rotating plant machinery
- Prior experience within the power generation industry in any engineering roles including engineering, operation, or maintenance
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with both internal and external personnel at all levels of seniority within the organisation.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline, or HND supplemented by relevent on job training and experience.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards this
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Rotating Plant Engineer R9906966 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.