BG31310 Credit & Collections Advisor
The purpose of the role is to maximise cash collection, minimise bad debt and reduce the bad debt charge whilst maintaining good customer relationships.You will need to resolve issues as they arise, proactively and effectively manage and resolve complex queries relating to debt.
- You will be required to proactively contact customers both by telephone and in writing. This will require both inbound & outbound calling, some of which may involve ‘telephone dialler’ activity.
- You will be able to effectively manage your time and prioritise your workload.
- You will be required to work to agreed quality standards and within agreed timescales.
- You will be responsible for proactively developing and maintaining your specialist industry, business and system knowledge.
- You will be responsible for managing complaints and ensuring the compliance of these.
- You will need to liaise internally & externally with colleagues throughout the business and externally with customers at all levels.
- You will track the types of queries, values and debt reduction you make
- You will have knowledge of debt collection techniques and be able to demonstrate excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- You must work with your customers to reduce debt in a timely manner to meet agreed targets. This will involve dealing with customer’s queries and internal queries within agreed SLA’s. Part of the role will be to mitigate any risk to BGB and take necessary escalation action as appropriate.
- You will maintain customer related information on systems to the required standards to progress work, maintain accurate records, identify gaps in customers records and proactively collect appropriate information.
- You will need to be a strong and confident individual with a positive outlook
- You will have a background in Credit, Finance or Service
- You must be able to communicate at all levels
- You will provide support and act as an ambassador for the credit control department to the wider business
- You must be highly motivated and target driven both as an individual and team player
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing BG31310 Credit & Collections Advisor R9990564 in the subject title.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
- This role is a permanent, full time position
- Salary: £19,884 (plus excellent company benefits, pension, share save schemes and bonus)