HR Business Partner
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
As a Human Resources Business Partner, you will be a HR leader and will be a confidante and coach to leaders and managers for your assigned client groups.
• 7+ years of experience as a HR Business Partner
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact successfully at all levels is required, along with highly strategic thinking coupled with the ability to execute at a tactical level when needed
• Bachelor's Degree is required.
• Strong results orientation with the ability to drive for results even in difficult situations or with incomplete information
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (including word, excel and power point) a must and SAP knowledge an asset.
• Public speaking and facilitator skills in order to speak effectively and persuasively on matters of interest to employees, and serves as facilitator on employee focus groups.
• Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and represents ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and in person.
• A flexible, customer focused attitude.
• 30% travel required U.S and internationally.
• A seasoned business oriented and practical Human Resources Leader to partner with various internal stakeholders in North America and internationally.
• Confidante and coach to the leaders and managers in the specified line of business.
• Consults on organization design, structure changes, leadership development and change management.
• Creates the workforce/people strategy and associated metrics.
• Well-versed in creating policies, procedures and processes that manage change to ensure that the organization can deliver sustainable high performance in the context of a growing and changing cultural environment.
• Demonstrated maturity and influencing/consulting skills that are required to build key relationships, champion new thinking, challenge the status quo and achieve buy-in in a values and people-centric culture.
• Optimistic team player who possesses a broad organizational view from a business and human capital management perspective.
• Instrumental in building a people first culture.
• Facilitates team building and cohesion.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability