Intermediate Accounting Clerk
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Perform all of the day to day tasks associated with the Accounts Receivable function. Input transactions in the system of record both accurately & timely. Research & resolve correspondence from customers & vendors. Process information from both internal & external sources. Use reports to help reconcile & complete monthly tasks.
Education required to competently achieve responsibilities:
- Associates Degree in Accounting and/or 3+ years’ experience with a proven track record of supporting AR process
Work experience required to competently achieve responsibilities:
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite & Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Professional telephone presence
- Customer focused
- Excellent organizational & time management abilities
- A process-focused individual with a passion to drive & deliver effective change
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment while using their initiative & skills to problem solve
- Process Cancellations & Cancel Real Estate One Pays that never come to fruition.
- Handle Credit Card Disputes & Emails.
- Apply Intercompany Payments & Stop Payments.
- Reconcile the Credit Card Batch Report
- Batch Reconciliation of AR & GL Entries.
- Respond to Emails from Agents.
- Support & facilitate audits with our internal & external audit teams.
- Identify process improvements & efficiencies.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls & implementing new controls.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Prioritize & manage time effectively
- Other duties as assigned.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability