Accounts Receivable Specialist
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Perform all of the day to day tasks associated with the Accounts Receivable function. Input transactions in the system of record. Research & resolve correspondence from customers & vendors. Process information from both internal & external sources. Use reports to help reconcile & complete monthly tasks.
Education required to competently achieve responsibilities:
- Associates Degree in Accounting and/or 3+ years’ experience with a proven track record of supporting AR process
Work experience required to competently achieve responsibilities:
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite & Microsoft Outlook
- 2 years of experience using banking software & internal business systems
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Professional telephone presence
- Customer focused
- Excellent organizational & time management abilities
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment while using their initiative & skills to problem solve.
- Supports the AR function, including processing receivables, posting unapplied payments, notifying customers in the event of declined credit cards, researching payments & lockbox rejects.
- Conducts the day to day invoice processing & conducts quality checks to ensure that the AR processing guidelines are being met.
- Respond to Customer calls & inquiries.
- Learns & maintains a thorough working knowledge of all product information & procedures with regard to DES programs.
- Promote company by providing superior customer service & inviting referrals.
- Assists with month-end close & annual audits as needed.
- Administers the collection process & effectively communicates with supervisor in order to negotiate collection agreements.
- Communicates cross functionally with various teams in Accounting as well as other departments of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability