FP&A Manager – North America Connected Home
Connected Home is part of the Centrica Group of Companies. Connected Home was given the mission ‘to make the connected home a reality for everyone and not just the technophiles amongst us’. The Company is focused on delivering customers with more control over their lives and homes by providing products that are beautiful in their simplicity and design. Our first product, Hive Active Heating™ was created from this philosophy.
Boiler IQ, which launched in March 2016, is a new addition to our product set. It is a remote diagnostics platform that monitors customers’ boilers 24/7, letting them know immediately when problems are detected and helping them get their boilers fixed quickly and with minimal fuss.
The FP&A Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the strategic and commercial success of our business, working hand-in-hand with the Leadership team and key connections across Connected Home, North America Business and North America Home to ensure we make good decisions, have robust plans and ultimately achieve our goals.
Within the Connected Home business, we believe our employees are one of our most valuable resources and we aim to attract the best and brightest and to retain them by providing a positive working environment. We look for brilliant people who love solving challenging problems, and develop innovative products. Within the Connected Home team, we provide you the opportunity to make an impact while working in an environment that facilitates learning and collaboration.
The preferred candidate for this role would be someone who:
- Puts the customer at the heart of decision making.
- Is interested in the emerging market of Connected Homes and the rapid development and iteration of technology based products strongly oriented around customer needs.
- Has strong understanding and experience of forecasting and budgeting processes
- Is adaptable and responsive. Works well with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities.
- Can inspire and develop a team.
- Is able to seamlessly operate across Connected Home, North America Home, and North America Business, ensuring effective ‘docking’, while effectively managing and influencing stakeholders to ensure delivery of plans, forecasts and business cases.
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Comfort working under the pressure of tight deadlines and maneuvering in a variety of IT systems
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work and lead with a high degree of independence
- Demonstrated business savvy and stakeholdering capabilities
- Ability to adapt to change
- A bachelor's degree in finance or a related discipline is required, and MBA is a plus
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Power Point
- Financial planning experience including leading an annual process
- Knowledge of retail power and/or natural gas industry is preferred
- Working knowledge of BI, BPC, or SAP is preferred
- 5+ years professional experience in a dynamic organization
The role has requirements across the following areas:
Business Performance Management
- Communicating with Connected Home, North America Home, North America Business, and Group stakeholders to ensure performance and strategy information is clearly communicated and effectively understood.
- Producing insightful monthly and quarterly business review presentations, working closely with the Director of Connected Home and the Leadership Team.
- Liaising closely with Finance and Business colleagues, keeping them in touch with product development and ensuring they’re aware of current and future plans that affect their P&L’s
- Ensuring that reporting and insight provided by the Connected Home team accurately reflects latest business strategy and priorities
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Following the Connected Home strategic and financial planning cycles, work with the team to develop plans and forecasts that have integrity and are based on sound assumptions in the challenging context of a fast moving rapidly changing business.
- Working with the Programme teams to assess requirements for IS change plan spend, ensuring optimum investment
- Accurately forecasting of FTE requirements for development of products
- Managing risk within the forecasts and actively mitigate where possible
- Consolidating the total Hive, new devices, combining the development costs within Connected Home, and the indirect value generated in the core Energy and Services business.
Business Partnering Support
- Developing business cases for new products that are in the product pipeline.
- Ensuring business cases have the right level of ROI, meet strategic requirements and help to meet the customer, commercial and brand objectives.
- Continued support to products already in the pipeline to ensure full delivery and launch (New Devices, Connected Boilers, Live Energy Data)
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text