Analyst, Project Delivery
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Project Delivery Analyst is responsible for ensuring that products and infrastructure are developed efficiently, by working with requestors, managers, developers, and shared service corporate departments. The Project Delivery Analyst must maintain close communication with stakeholders throughout the development life cycle to ensure that expectations are set appropriately and projects/products are delivered on time and provide a high quality of customer experience while meeting the original business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related or technical discipline
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively.
- High level of initiative and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- 2+ years’ experience delivering projects/products in a corporate environment.
- Works effectively in a changing environment and under stress
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to use these skills effectively in a multifunctional/country environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong grasp of web and software development lifecycle concepts.
- Experience with agile methodology in addition to traditional waterfall development.
- Expert proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- Customer journeys
- Strong negotiation, leadership, and written and verbal communication skills, and experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Manage project/product requirements and planning.
- Guide projects and products towards the minimum technical solution that meets the business goals.
- Ensure team needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner
- Schedule/coordinate activities to include meetings, teleconferences, videoconferences, etc.
- Participate in both internal and external meetings, keeping accurate notes and distributing meeting minutes as appropriate
- Prepare project organization and communication charts relating to the projects
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed
- Update and monitor progress relating to key project management deliverables not limited to project schedules, action items, issues and risks (overseen by the Project Delivery Manager)
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Assist Project Delivery Manager in the development of project status, program board and / or steering committee material
- Provide a central point of accountability for coordinating and processing invoices
- Assist the Project Delivery Manager in developing the monthly project forecast and accruals
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the project team and external parties
- Act as gatekeeper to help ensure that projects are aligned with overall goals
- Own and maintain all project documentation, including requirements, product specifications, test plans, and release notes.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with colleagues, supervisors/managers, and various departmental and organizational personnel.
- Assist Product/Project Delivery Manager in tracking development, approval and processing for all Statement of works
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and developing this attitude in others
- Organize and prepare work effectively to facilitate proactive resolution of problems
- Anticipate, identify, track, and resolve issues and risks affecting the project
- Continuously develop industry knowledge and associated skills
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text