Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Salesforce.com Administrator / Developer will develop and maintain the Salesforce and force.com application to ensure continued delivery of innovative, high quality solutions to meet business needs for those departments currently using Salesforce, as well as building the necessary interface and tools to integrate new departments into Salesforce. This position is responsible for the overall development, configuration, and operation of the initial implementation and continued operations, as well as the continuous improvement of the Salesforce tools for all user groups such as Sales, Marketing, Software support, and other internal teams. The Salesforce Administrator / Developer will independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation, and updating tasks relating to the Salesforce system and other integrated applications.
Education & Experience:
• Hands on experience with APEX and Visual Force development
• Use of Salesforce APIs (via java, etc.) to integrate Salesforce with other tools.
• Experience with Force.com migration tool desired.
• Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from an operational and technical perspective.
• 3+ years of experience with technical implementation, day-to-day operations, and long term maintenance of Salesforce.
• Experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies.
• Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations.
• Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as needed.
Essential Knowledge & Qualifications:
• Provide global day-to-day end-user support (including system configuration, complex formulas and system maintenance) and assist users with proactive best practices to enhance and increase their knowledge of Salesforce.com.
• Maintain user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings etc. (User Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Sharing Rules and Security).
• Create and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, custom workflow, and approval processes.
• Perform data integrity and manipulation tasks such as merging duplicate records and establishing proper ownership of existing accounts and contacts in accordance with sales territories.
• Establish and implement best practices with regards to system maintenance, configuration, development, testing, data integrity, etc.
• Design, document, build, test and deploy enhancements to Salesforce custom objects, page layouts, workflows, alerts, reports and complex dashboards within Salesforce.
• Research changes in upcoming versions of salesforce.com and other integrated applications; provide recommendations when necessary to enhance efficiency and productivity.
• Drive and increase user adoption and ensure user satisfaction, including developing, documenting and delivering training.
• Develop and maintain report folders, dashboards, etc. to improve system usability.
• Maintain a holistic view of all business processes and users in the system to understand cross- f functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting.
• Lead / Assist with user requirement sessions and document user requirements to address changing business needs.
• Contribute on the technical side of business projects and create solutions to meet challenges (including performing detailed analysis of technical and business requirements).
• Manage special projects as assigned. This includes sales compensation, sales reporting tracking, ad-hoc reporting, etc.
• Develop and maintain visual force, AppExchanges, Force.com pages and integration to other third party solutions.
• Ability to design, code, test, debug, package and deploy quality, scalable and well documented solutions on the Salesforce platform.
• Ability to design and develop integrations between Salesforce and other applications / systems
• Successfully document / maintain documentation on application code, application use and flow, and training materials.
• Perform routine review of code, configuration, data, and usage to ensure long term viability, integrity, and adoption make recommendations for enhancements and modifications to improve system performance, efficiency, internal business process, and reporting.
• Ability to interact with senior members of management, including C-level executives.
• Successfully manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Prepare and present clear business and technical analysis.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong work ethic.
• Be able to work in a fun and spirited environment.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability