Business Analysis Manager - Trading & Risk
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Business Analysis Manager will lead a small team of business analysts. The BA team will work closely with Business Stakeholders, Delivery Managers, Project Managers, Business & Technical Readiness, end users. She/he will need to build effective working relationships with key people in all departments and different operational areas of the business.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills to join a dynamic Supply, Trading & Risk IS team. The role will serve as a key liaison point between front, mid and back office users and the rest of the IT organization
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Business or Information Technology or equivalent experience required.
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of gas and power trading
- Must have good understanding of risk, specifically, concepts of position management and PnL attribution.
- Must have a good understanding of ETRM systems.
- 8-10 years relevant job experience, Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project). SQL Query skills a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, including coaching, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and basic project methodology skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to translate technical issues in a non-technical manner with Business Stakeholders and Operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Interaction with cross-functional groups including Front, Mid and Back Office and Regulatory, to ensure execution of business projects ability to prioritize competing requirements.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to travel when required (10%-20%)
- Develop strong working relationships with business partners from front, mid and back office, regulatory & compliance and IT
- Communicate effectively with business partners to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management and IS.
- Facilitate cross-functional business requirements gathering sessions by using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, test scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis.
- Research, evaluate, and analyze information gathered from multiple sources to document business requirements and recommend solutions.
- Define and create processes and all corresponding process documentation including process maps/flows (swim lanes), business rules and policy.
- Support business readiness in the definition of cost / benefits analysis and identification and documentation of operational impacts.
- Develop business solutions with technology teams and vendors. Review and signoff on solution design on behalf of the business.
- Create and lead user acceptance testing (UAT), including definition, review and fractionation of signoff for testing scenarios, and performs UAT when necessary.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability