DE1567 Strategy Manager, Annuities
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Commercial Manager, Annuities role will be a key adviser to the Commercial Director and GM for defining, analyzing and improving upon customer acquisition, customer retention, and pricing strategy to maximize P&L by optimizing pricing, products, channels and promotion. This role will be responsible for analyses of acquisition activities and communicating major insights and implications across the business sectors. This position requires very strong collaborative, analytical, problem solving, visionary and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree - focus in Business, Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics. MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in the energy industry or in management consulting with focus on the energy industry
- Experience with financial, strategic, and operational considerations in a dynamic business required
- Consistent track record of demonstrating analytical and problem-solving skills as well as leadership abilities
- Excellent analytical skills; the ability to translate and synthesize data and analyses into business recommendations
- Proficient in quantitative analysis and basic statistics
- Superior critical thinking, writing, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with large and complex databases
- Entrepreneurial spirit; ability to take the initiative, work independently and accomplish tasks
- Must be detail-oriented and very organized with the ability to multi-task
- Develop financial models and economic analyses to support new and ongoing business initiatives
- Develop frameworks and presentations to translate insight into actions
- Monitor and develop effective competitive intelligence tools to inform all aspects of Annuities business strategy
- Assist in developing customer experience lifecycle strategy collaboratively with customer experience team to develop the right product for the right customer for the right time
- Conduct analyses and inform customer migration acquisition strategy (segmentation, product, pricing, promotion)
- Collaborate, influence, and provide guidance cross-functionally to achieve and exceed growth/profitability objectives
- Participate in any other role/activity that relates to the Annuities P&L (operations, retention, IS, finance, etc.)
- Work cross functionally with Sales and Marketing to optimize channels, campaigns and cross sell initiatives
- Provide key inputs and provide guidance on sales, gross margin, operating expenses, and key metrics to the financial planning teams for the DE and DER financial planning process
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text