British Gas acquired PH Jones, a leading player in the Social Housing Sector, in May 2011; we now have an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join the PH Jones team in Runcorn.
- Location: Runcorn
- Purpose: The job holder will perform a key role in the Social Housing bid team, and ensure objectives are achieved when pricing new installations and service & repair tenders. The role includes measuring the commercial risk of tenders, completing the pricing of tender documents and providing the full and detailed commercial/financial summary to discuss at tender sign off. The job holder will be required to be the commercial lead on tenders and will have a good understanding of the intricacies of managing and operating a gas installation and service & repair contracts.
You will have responsibility for the pricing of new tenders for gas service & repair and/or installation contracts. This will include utilising existing knowledge of maintenance and installation contracts to produce a robust price which takes into account the risks involved in these contracts. This will cover the differing types of fuel systems i.e. Gas, Oil, LPG & Solid Fuel plus some Renewable works. Your day to day duties will include:
- Pricing work as a Principal Contractor you will also be responsible for pricing the associated builders work, electrical installation, subcontract element and site preliminaries
- Calculate all estimated costs for overheads and profits
- Complete pricing of full tender document following build-up of model, posing queries to the client and working in close conjunction with the Bid Managers
- Preparation of detailed commercial/financial summary to enable discussion and potential sign off of tender proposal
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of pricing gas maintenance and/or installation contracts as Principal Contractor. In addition you will have:
- Experience of taking responsibility and holding full accountability for the tender submission from a commercial perspective including risk management and mitigation. Able to discuss and responsibly manage interrogation from Finance, Operational, Legal and senior management prior to sign off of the bid pricing
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical skills using data from a variety of sources
- Process driven, logical and methodical with the ability to think outside the box when needed to adapt new situations quickly, ensuring necessary stakeholders are kept informed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan time effectively to ensure that specified deadlines are met ensuring work is of a high standard, in particular focussing on quality and accuracy
- Experience of working operationally or commercially on maintenance or installation contracts for Social Housing Providers (desirable)
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing BG32275 Estimator R9990147 in the subject title.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.