DE1521 Junior Building Automation Technician
Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly
five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct
Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy
costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of
Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy
companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of
Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please
Airtron Canada in the Greater Toronto Area is seeking a Junior Level Building Automation Technician to support growth in our Toronto, ON office. The BAS Technician will provide field technical support/service as required for the design, installation, programming and commissioning of the Building Automation Systems.
BAS Technician 4 is
an entry level position geared for recent graduates of technical programs or
individuals new to the building automation and controls industry. They may also
be making career changes from constructions trades. The individual will begin
their career at Airtron Canada in the Engineering Department on a learning path
towards promotion into the construction or service teams. Site exposure would
be at the discretion of the Engineering Manager, however the Trainee would
require onsite supervision at all times. The BAS Technician 4 would be promoted
to BAS Technician 3 (Jr) upon the anniversary of 1 year with the company or
sooner with the recommendation of the Engineering group manager.
Summary of essential job
- Assist Engineering group as determined by the Engineering Manager.
- Assist with project and service group documentation.
- Learn and demonstrate thorough understanding of Airtron Canada’s H&S Policy
- Shows willingness to learn HVAC and DDC fundamentals, as well as Schneider Electric BAS product portfolio as implemented by Airtron Canada.
- Valid Driver’s license and the ability to be insured by Airtron Canada.
- Pass security screening as required by Airtron Canada’s clients.
- Fluent in English – both written and oral. The ability to read and understand construction plans and specs and product documentation. Graduate of Post Secondary technical or engineering program.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, including Visio
- Light physical duties, the willingness to work in an office environment and to keep work area clean and tidy. Ability to perform routine tasks as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Some travel may be requested from time to time. Airtron Canada will reimburse travel expenses including mileage for driving.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability