CEN30343 Software Developer
Competitive Salary + bonus, with excellent corporate Benefits
We’re developing solutions for controlling and integrating everything in the home from your heating, cameras, security devices and smart plugs. As a Software Developer in Test in the Abstraction team, you will develop an automated testing suite that tests the hive hub software end-to-end. You will serve as the gatekeeper to ensuring we deliver a product that our hundreds of thousands of customers can trust. "
What you will be doing?
On a day to day basis, you will among other things:
- Work in an agile environment with a dynamic and highly skilled team
- Collaborate with other teams to help define communication protocols between components
- Build out the new end-to-end test framework for our device connectivity software
- Perform exploratory testing of new devices against which to design new automated tests
- Attempt to find and diagnose bugs in our hub software
To be briliant in this role you will have/be:
We are looking for an enthusiastic software developer with an interest in automated testing and who wants to work in home automation. You are able to conceive of what might go wrong in our system and how to test for it. You’ll appreciate the user experience and will design your solutions being mindful of that understanding.
This technical role is being made open to all experience levels for people who have a passion for learning, have an analytical mind and demonstrate a genuine interest in understanding the whole tech stack.
- A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas
- Experience with an object oriented language
- Commercial experience with test frameworks
- Motivated by the opportunity to build scalable test frameworks and suites of tests against an internet of things system
- You’ll be expected to ensure that your work and code is of the highest quality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Commercial experience with Java SE and optionally maven
- Experience with BDD frameworks
- Familiarity with Linux environments and Gi
- Experience with an agile development process
Hi, I’m Carla (Carla.firstname.lastname@example.org) the Resourcing Partner for our Connected home function. I’m excited to learn about your background and how you can become part of our market leading team at Centrica
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. Agencies:
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. British Gas operates a preferred supplier list and when required will source candidates through these agencies.