The Centrica FlexiShare Service (FlexiShare) is a ‘corporate nominee’, sponsored by Centrica and administered by Equiniti Financial Services Limited (Equiniti FS). It is a convenient way to manage your Centrica shares without a paper share certificate.
Your Centrica shares are held on your behalf, registered in the name of Equiniti Corporate Nominees Limited, but you remain the beneficial owner of the shares. Your share account details will be held on a separate register and you will receive a statement when you join the service and an annual statement as long as you hold shares in the service. The number of shares held in your FlexiShare account is set out in your FlexiShare statement or can be found online.
There are no charges for joining or holding your shares within FlexiShare or for leaving the service.
By transferring your shares into FlexiShare you will benefit from:
- An annual statement, normally sent with your Annual General Meeting voting form at the end of March each year;
- A buy or sell facility - FlexiShare participants have access to facilities provided by a panel of independent share-dealing providers;
- The scrip dividend programme – instead of receiving a cash dividend you can elect for the Company to issue you with new shares equivalent to the value of your cash dividend, completely free of charge. These new shares will then be credited to your FlexiShare account;
- Quicker settlement periods; and
- No paper certificates to lose.
The FlexiShare register is maintained on Centrica's behalf by Equiniti FS.
The FlexiShare register is not classified as public domain, as such Equiniti FS would only divulge information to you or someone who had been legally appointed to act on your behalf.
To transfer all or some shares into FlexiShare, complete and return the FlexiShare transfer form with your share certificate(s) to Equiniti.
You will receive confirmation that you have joined FlexiShare soon after the transfer of your shares has been carried out. The transfer will also show on your next FlexiShare statement.
If you have lost or misplaced your share certificate(s), you will need to complete and sign the indemnity on the reverse of the form. There is no charge for the indemnity. If you subsequently locate your missing certificate(s), you must send it immediately to Equiniti for cancellation.
You can keep track of your Centrica shareholding on the internet by registering for the Shareview or by calling the shareholder helpline.
Following your opening statement, you will not receive written confirmation of any further completed transfers. Instead the transfer will appear as a share movement on your next annual statement. If you sell your shares, the broker will provide you with a contract note as confirmation of the deal.
View Flexishare Terms and Conditions
More information regarding Flexishare can be found in our Shareholder FAQs